Saturday, November 22, 2014

Grinning Like An Undertaker


My fourth slab of Accused vinyl:   

the 1990 album  Grinning Like An Undertaker.  Some call it an EP, but even if it's short & brutal, its got fourteen cuts so I consider it a real album, like a shank into your side.  Cuts quick and deadly.  

 

This vinyl copy I scored a few years ago is also a Promo Copy.  
I still have the original cassette that this album came out on. 
I love listening to these old cassettes while driving our car. 


Side two of this killer punk record starts out with a bang on the song 
M is for Martha




I don't know the lineup on this particular album, but it was recorded , manufactured, and distributed by NASTYMIX RECORDS 800 Tower Building Seattle, WA, USA 98101.  
© 1990 Locked-up Music  


The second song -  called Room 144 -  is an instrumental.  It sounds pretty sick. 

The Accused are awesome.   These are essential punk albums for me.  So I'm glad they start off my collection, even though they appear alphabetically before ACID BATH.   I always consider When The Kite String Pops to be the ultimate crossover album.   Any good A to Z comp could just as easily begin with Acid Bath rather than the Accused.   The question remains, which band should end it?


No comments:

Post a Comment