Saturday, September 17, 2016

EVERYTHING BLEEDS

by  yonder reporter   thorns of the wrathdom

Do you know my name? Do you know what I've shared? Do you think I'm lost? 

Do you think I care? Everything bleeds. 
Everything bleeds, Gary Numan sings on his twenty-thirteen album, 
SPLINTER, Songs From A Broken Mind.  





 


Today at the 9th & 9th St. Fair, we stumbled into a Barber Shop where Graywhale had set up a booth selling vinyl records for up to 70% off.  Sure enough, I scored this latest Gary Numan album, which came out three years ago and I never sprang for.  Today for just ten dollars I couldn't pass it up, and it's playing now on my turntable.  I'd heard a few of the songs on mp3s and was digging the style and feel of the approach this latest incarnation of Numan takes down it's own dark and twisted little  alleway.  Now that the profound anguished beats of this record are having their opportunity to escape from my speakers into the house, I'm really pleased with the sound of this record.  This is some kind of post -everything album, merging such a wide disarray of post -Industrial gothic sounds together that all you gotta do is turn out all the lights, sit back and enjoy.  It's a sort of desolate crumbling underground apocalyptic opera detailing the disintegration of a life, or something along those lines. I can tell I'm going to like getting to know this sick and twisted concept album from Gary Numan. I can't believe three years have already passed since it was released.  We're reeling around the Sun still and it's beginning to feel like we're losing control and going to crash.  






No comments:

Post a Comment