Wednesday, July 3, 2024

horror skunx RISE

   Squeezed in between  Hank III and Human Drama  there's the unforgettable sensational rising star of horror skunx with all fifteen of his pop song hits forming the basis for one of my favorite albums from the past couple years   "BENDYLAND"  as I like to think of it,  but whatever Winston Julian decides to end up naming the album itself^, all fifteen of these songs are classics in the making, and we'd better make no mistake about that.   

      Look,  I went out and purchased all fifteen trax  for .99c each and ripped 'em to my 16gig nano long ago already, and if there's a sixteenth tune that drops of a sudden, it will be on my phone before sundown. That's cuz my nano's in a state of shock right now, with the white screen of death and the two beeps.   

...  did I say fifteen?  *fast-forward a few years to 2024* Try more like thirty-two now (by my count) which doesn't include the instrumental film score I'm not a Monster (PJ Pug-A-Pillar Soundtrack), which clocks in at 2:27 of surprisingly emotive neoclassical sound, but does include the smash hit Revive My Soul (Side B) collab w/Rockit Music, from the Revive My Soul (Bendy and the Dark Revival) EP, feat. 2 different versions, one sung by just Rockit I think, and the one I really like, the duet w/Winston Julian aka my #1 favorite recording artist today.  He's been Cupid-launched into my heart ever since Zane & I discovered him back during the pandemic, when his early short Sirenhead reels were hitting YT, we were instantly hooked,  my boy & I are most die hard horror skunx fans on the planet. 


                                                              just push PLAY and listen to this earliest
of horror skunx hits, the absolute classic Run Away:

 Before reading any further, stop and think out loud to yourself so you can hear your own voice in your head saying it, what did you think of the song?  If you're not sure, listen to it again. Now you may continue reading my soliloquy to the one and only horror skunx.   (to be cont.)  Cont. 

^the album itself:  To make a finer point of it, you see, this is where it becomes necessary for me to point out, in this footnote, that what we're dealing with here, as an emergent post-media phenomenon, is just one of many YouTube rising stars, doing their own thing, and in the case of Mr. Winston Julian, from the Netherlands, self-made singer, songwriter, VFX artist and filmmaker, what I would humbly describe as a rising superstar whose significance to current young generations of followers comparatively speaking in contrast to the Boomers' and their spawnling gen-X of cohorts in arms, I think of Winston as a sort of ultramodern equivalent to Charlie Chaplin.  

   Cont.  I think the 2nd horror skunx song to strike a chord in me, was the responding tune My Savior, which concerns the mythical skeletal being Long Horse, in fact a hero who pits himself fearlessly against any one of the legion of antagonists popping up out of the shadows who would intrude into our animate world from their paper conceptualized cartoon plane of existence, such as Cartoon Cat and Cartoon Dog and Cartoon Mouse, and a lot of other ancillary villains cribbed from the creative commons platform occupied by SCP and an endless amount of literary precursors, enough to fill the coffers of any multiverse scenario schemed up by the Moorcocks & Kings of the world. 



to be cont. 


No comments:

Post a Comment