Wednesday, August 7, 2019

the silent ash tip drops

can't even summon the words
so i put on BPB mix tape volume 1

Now it's doing a trick 



    push  PLAY  and just drift


Gimme yr goddamn Wild berry Lifesaver Gummies

This is a great collexion of songs
put tugether by the master and
everyone himself


   On   to the next   



    John Shirley sent me his latest album with the Screaming Geezers .
It's really top-notch rock'n'roll, fully driven and furious, I'm stunned.
1st track Cell Phone Zombies is great, the whole album just delivers
one killer track after another, there's newer stuff like Ten Strippers at
My Funeral, but the band also covers older material like Johnny Paranoid
and Our Love is Like a Death Camp.   There's a gritty version of
Mountain of Skullz, a rousing rendition of Alice Cooper's Under My Wheels,
and a new song that really got to me, Crushed Under a Cross.
This is relentless, punk fury as if the Stooges were being led by
well you guessed it--the man himself--John Shirley.



Check out the song Strychnine right here on SoundCloud.
While you there just keep listening to all the John Shirley songs.
Far as I'm concerned he's one of my favorite rockers ever.
I mean all you gotta do is listen to him covering TV Eye.
And him and his band's scorching cover of White Light.
 Yeah, he's more than Iggy, Lou, and Alice rolled into one.
He's the Dark Duke of the Underground's #1 Son.


And Dax Riggs is the prince, of course. 
I wish he'd release another album.
It's been nine years since he said
goodnight to the world...oh



            I    see 







No comments:

Post a Comment